Friday, June 8, 2012

Safety Not Guaranteed

Hey everyone!

I recently got to see an advanced screening of the movie Safety Not Guaranteed, starring Aubrey Plaza, Jake Johnson, and Mark Duplass, so I just thought I'd share a quick review!

Here is the trailer:


As a journalism student, I will admit, I am a sucker for any journalism-related movies, so this one was right up my alley. As an intern myself, I could definitely relate to Aubrey Plaza's character. And after seeing the trailer, I thought hmm this looks like a decent film. But honestly, I fell in love with it - more than I thought I would. It was such a fresh movie, with perfect comedic timing mixed with suspense and quirky romance. I like how the trailer didn't reveal too much, which allowed the plot to be surprising. It definitely was a little different than I thought it would turn out to be; and that's why I loved it. By the end, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "I want to see more, why did it just end like that?!" - you'll understand once you watch the movie.

Anyways, I thought it was well done and I definitely recommend it.

Safety Not Guaranteed comes out in Toronto on June 15!

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment