Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cherri Bomb In Toronto


Last weekend, the Vans Warped Tour made its way to Toronto and, despite the insane rain storm, brought the crowds to the Molson Amphitheatre for a hyped up event. Among the list of talented acts was an all-girl rock band, known as Cherri Bomb. I got to interview the young rockers and it was so great to chat with these fresh, down-to-earth musicians. Made up of Julia, Nia, Miranda, and Rena, they gave me insight into their experience with Warped Tour so far, what went into the making of their debut album, and how they keep touring interesting by playing pranks.

I also got to see them perform live at Sneaky Dee's for a special AndPOP showcase, which was streamed online for fans all over the world. I was incredibly impressed, that's for sure! They have such an amazing presence on stage and look like seasoned pros...did I mention that they're between the ages 14-16?!

Here's a taste of their music:


Anyways, I'll post my article when it's up online on faze.ca, but until then, here are some photos from the performance!









The girls were interviewed by Jordan from AndPOP

Follow Cherri Bomb @cherribombband

L-R: Julia, Rena, Miranda, Nia

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment