Monday, July 9, 2012

Interview with: Pamela Lajoie


Hey everyone!

Back at Faze Magazine's prom prep event, I was able to interview the lovely Pamela Lajoie for an article for the summer issue. And since it's published now, I thought I'd do a blog post finally! Here is a glimpse at the article:

Grab your copy of the summer issue of Faze Magazine featuring PLL's Shay Mitchell on the cover!
For those of you who aren't familiar with this red-headed powerhouse, check her out:


Here's a quick Q&A with Pamela!

When did you start singing?

Pamela Lajoie: I started singing when I was 9 years old. I sang in my room all the time and my mother heard me and told me I was good. She signed me up for singing lessons and then I recorded a song and she sent my song everywhere. Then one day I got a call from my manager and that’s how I started singing.

What was it like to hear your songs on the radio for the first time?

PL: I knew the exact time my song was going to play and I was with my family and then I heard my song and I couldn’t stop speaking. My mother was like “stop talking!” I was really really excited.

Who are your musical inspirations?

PL: I really like Jessie J. She’s amazing. I like how she dances and I really like her. And James Morrison, like Jessie J. I really like him. And of course Celine Dion, she influenced me when I was young.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

PL: I’m a summer girl, so I like waterskiing and shopping a lot. I am from a big family so I really like camping too.

How does it feel to be so young in this industry?

PL: It feels good. My first album came out when I was 14 years old. I was at school and it was really nice because everyone knew I was a singer. I think I can learn everything because I’m starting young and I learn something new every day.


- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment