Saturday, February 23, 2013

TRAVEL | The Pod Hotel 39 - NYC


I had the pleasure of staying at The Pod Hotel 39 during my most recent visit to New York City and I absolutely fell in love. From the decor, staff and overall atmosphere to the amazing price, I could not have chosen a better place to stay. As a young, solo traveler, I wanted to stay in a place that would meet my needs but also not make a huge dent in my wallet. Thus, when I came across The Pod, I wanted to give it a try.

Located at 145 East 39th Street, The Pod 39 is conveniently only a couple blocks away from Grand Central Station and is walking distance to some of the city's main tourist spots - Times Square, Bryant Park, etc.

For roughly $100/night, I stayed in a room on the 11th floor that featured an en-suite bathroom, double bed, flat screen TV and a desk. Although it may be considered extremely small by some travelers, it was honestly perfect for me. Did I mention free WiFi?

Take a look at my room:

 


After settling into my room, I wanted to explore the rest of the hotel and boy, did I find a gem. When you go up to the highest floor (17th), you walk into a cool lounge with a South American feel. It was like a hidden paradise on the roof.




Then I went outside...and wow, I was amazed. What a great space - I definitely want to be here in the summer - It was a bonus that it was a gorgeous, sunny day outside!


The view:

And back downstairs on the main floor, there is a restaurant/lounge area, called Salvation Taco. The decor is so cool, from huge, comfy leather armchairs and stacks of colourful books to antique wooden furniture and ping pong tables. Yes, there are two rooms with ping pong tables for your enjoyment.



Another reason why I loved staying at this hotel was the people. It has such a young, hip, trendy vibe and the staff/other guests all seem to fit that description. I chatted with the two different concierge staff and they were both so stylish (one had bright blonde hair and wore a fur coat and the other reminded me of Jessa from HBO's Girls, aka the coolest person ever) and clearly knew NYC - but all from a perspective that was super relatable to me.

Overall, I was thrilled find such a perfect place to spend my reading week vacation. I definitely recommend giving it a try if you're heading to the Big Apple! They also have The Pod 51, located at 230 E 51st Street.

For more information, check out www.thepodhotel.com
All photos taken by me. | Please contact for use.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

1 comment:

  1. Nice! This place looks very cool. I will be recommending this spot to friends/family who come in town. Gotta love awesome NYC finds!

    ReplyDelete