Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mass Exodus 2013 | Part 1


Ryerson University is known for its fashion program (and its style-savvy students!) and I was so glad to finally get to attend Mass Exodus, a fashion show featuring collections created by the graduating fashion design students. This year marked its 25th anniversary! There were two shows on April 11th - one in the afternoon that included designs from every student and one in the evening that was made up of a selected group of student designers.


I have to say, it was SO well-produced, from the show itself to its online presence - everything was so professional and polished. I was very impressed. The venue this year was at the Mattamy Athletic Centre (formerly the Maple Leaf Gardens), a brand new space for Mass Exodus, and it was so cool. The runway was a square underneath the arena jumbotron screens.

Check out their opening video that played on those giant screens:


I was super excited to be in the audience because my incredibly talented friend Jayson Araja was debuting his collection! His designs even kicked off the entire show! Take a look:






I took a ton of photos at the show, so I've split the post into two. Here are some highlights from the first half of the show:








 



Stay tuned for part 2!

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment