Monday, April 1, 2013

The Price Is Right LIVE!


Growing up, I have always had a love for game shows on TV...you name it, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, the works. One of my favourites though is definitely The Price is Right. Come on, who doesn't love Bob Barker?!

...such a friendly man.

Anyways, when I heard that The Price is Right LIVE was going to be making a tour stop in Toronto, naturally I had to buy a ticket. And that I did.

My friend Cameron and I went to The Sony Centre on Thursday, March 28th full of excitement at the thought of potentially being called to "come on down." When we arrived, we registered and got our wicked awesome name tags:


At this point, I was pretty pumped.

Although Bob Barker and Drew Carey weren't going to be making any guest appearances, the host of the live tour show is pretty cool too. Emmy Award-winning personality Todd Newton has hosted shows such as Family Game Night, Hollywood Showdown and Whammy! The All-New Press Your Luck. He's also been seen interviewing the celebs on the red carpet - I'd love to pick his brain someday!



Throughout the show, audience members were called down to Contestants' Row and took part in the TV show's signature pricing games - yes, we're talking Cliff Hanger, Plinko and Any Number. And of course, there was the giant wheel and a showcase at the end.

The funniest moment was definitely when an elderly Asian woman was chosen to spin the wheel and first off, she couldn't get it to make it all the way around...so Todd Newton gave her a bit of help. And then of course, the wheel landed on the coveted 100! And she didn't have much of a reaction haha. Underwhelmed to say the least. So she won $350 plus a bonus spin. She did the bonus spin herself, but she didn't end up winning anything more. I don't think she had any idea of what was going on, it was hilarious.

Here's a YouTube compilation of some of the funniest moments from the TV show - another reason why I love it so much haha.



Overall, I had such a fun time - despite not being called down. I still got into it and I'll admit, it got pretty intense! It was a great experience.



For more info, visit: priceisrightlive.com

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment