Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jay-Z in NYC


Last Wednesday I woke up to a newsfeed full of mentions of Jay-Z being in Chelsea for a secret project at an art gallery. And since I am living in New York, not too far away, I obviously had to check it out. Apparently he was participating in a 6-hour art presentation at the Pace Gallery on 25th St. between 10th Ave & 11th Ave and filming the music video for Picasso Baby, a track off his new album. He started at noon and was going to end at 6pm.

The event was invite-only (someday I hope those invites land in my inbox...) and also featured background actors (there was a holding area in the building across the street). The presentation was held in sessions roughly every half hour, so a new group of people were let in before each set. Oh it killed me that I couldn't go inside, but oh well, only a wall separated Jay-Z and I so that was okay.

I got to the gallery around 4:30pm and it was pretty hectic, lots of anxious people hoping to sneak a peek. Here's my pic from outside the doors:


I even had another celeb spotting while waiting around outside: Jemima Kirke who plays Jessa on the HBO show Girls! (I absolutely love that show...) - that's her in the pink pants.


We also got to see them film some weird part of the video. A couple guys dressed in these polka dotted costumes came out and began spinning around on the street. I can't wait to see the final video!



Although people weren't supposed to take photos inside, obviously there were tons of Instagram pics and Vines popping up online, giving outsiders a glimpse into the exclusive event.


THEN the moment everyone was waiting for: the exit. It was complete madness. Here are my shots of the great HOVA himself.





Oh what a wonderful day, sighhhhh

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment