Monday, August 26, 2013

EXHIBIT | Front Row @ MOCA


Right before making the move to NYC for the summer, I did some research into what exhibits and events were going to be happening while I was in the city and I came across the Museum of Chinese in America. They have a fantastic exhibit on right now featuring Chinese American designers doing amazing work in the fashion industry.



From Vera Wang and Jason Wu to Anna Sui and Phillip Lim, there is such a great variety of designers. Curated by Mary Ping, the exhibit features both legendary Asian fashion influencers as well as young, up-and-comers. Each designer chose a piece (or a couple of pieces) to display and there were videos playing around the room where you could watch and listen to interviews. They were fascinating. 








 I absolutely love Vera Wang...I'd love to meet her someday.


If you get a chance, I definitely recommend checking it out! The exhibit runs through til December 1. For more details, visit http://www.mocanyc.org

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment