Tuesday, November 5, 2013

UHHU Dance Workshop


I've been dancing since grade five and I'm so glad I made the decision to continue even after I moved out to Toronto. During my first year here, I auditioned to be a part of the Urban Hip Hop Union (UHHU) dance team—such a great experience. Since making it onto the team, I've met amazing people and competed with them at the annual Ontario Universities Competition for Hip-Hop (aka O.U.C.H). Now in my last year at Ryerson, this also marks my last year dancing with this incredible team, who has really become like a second family.

Anyways, in addition to competing at O.U.C.H, we also hold events and workshops on campus to bring people together for the love of hip-hip. I got to teach the first dance workshop of the year and I had a blast. Here's the choreography that I taught:



This year's O.U.C.H takes place on November 23rd at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.

Here's a sneak preview of what we've been working on - meet some of my team:

For more O.U.C.H info, check out www.ouchdance.ca

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment