Wednesday, February 19, 2014

INTERVIEW WITH: Matt Webb

Photo via Facebook
I've gotten to meet Matt Webb a couple times through Faze Magazine (him and Marianas Trench were once our cover stars!) and recently, I got to chat with him about his second solo project.

He released Right Direction on February 4th and he was super excited about it. I spoke with him over the phone about his new music.

"I had a much clearer idea of how I wanted to sound on this EP. I wanted to make a really stripped down sounding record that's really guitar based and taking it back to the roots. I wanted to make it really organic and raw, and something this is really cohesive that people can enjoy from start to finish." - Matt Webb

Here's his latest music video, for "Right Direction" -


"The fans are just so supportive. It's really cool because I'm doing something totally different from anything Marianas Trench related. They've jumped on board, and I love our fans so much."


"I get to do music for a living. Not too many people can say that they do what they love for a job and get to do it every day. With Marianas Trench, I get to hang out with my best friends all the time and it's a dream job. It's inspiring. I want to work really, really hard at it so I can do it forever."

For more Matt Webb, be sure to find him on Facebook & Twitter. FYI - He'll be in Toronto on March 7th at Adelaide Hall!

Keep an eye out for the full article in the upcoming issue of Faze Magazine.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment