Wednesday, February 26, 2014

MY LIFE | New York Donuts


My first stop on my latest NYC excursion was to a donut museum. Yeah, a donut museum.

I stumbled upon the event online for a museum featuring an exhibit of the history of New York's donut shops in Brooklyn and naturally, I had to check it out. I made my way to the City Relinquary, a quaint and unique community museum in Williamsburg.


It shares the history of NYC's most famous donut shops and includes nine present-day donut hot spots: Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop, Doughnut Plant, Mike's Donuts & Coffee, The Donut Pub, The Doughnuttery, Dun-Well Doughnuts, Shaikh's Donuts, Dough, and Carpe Donut NYC. The exhibit was organized by Julie Thomson, an amazing donut blogger.






And since there were no actual donuts for me to enjoy while I was there, I obviously had a craving for them as soon as I left. So I went on a donut mission....

First stop: Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop!
 Then: Doughuttery - they're specialty is of the powdered variety. I tried 'Paris Time' (Lavender, pistachio, vanilla) & 'Green Tea Buzz' (matcha green tea, honey, ginger). So good!!
Well worth it.

FYI - the donut exhibit ends this Sunday!!

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28 

No comments:

Post a Comment