Thursday, March 20, 2014

MY LIFE | The Ryersonian & Hump Day Heroes


My final semester as a Ryerson journalism student started off with an internship at ET Canada, which lasted six weeks. Once that ended, I had to head back to campus and fulfill six weeks as a part of the masthead of The Ryersonian, a weekly campus publication. Now in my fourth week, it's been an interesting experience.


My classmates and I make up the entire masthead and we each have specific roles. I landed the position of Live Managing Editor, where I manage the live blogs on the website and manage the social media accounts — right up my alley. So it's been a good time. I also work closely with the online managing editor, as well as the rest of the team.

Be sure to check out www.ryersonian.ca to see what we've been working on.
Also, while you're at it, follow us on Twitter & Instagram: @theryersonian

And we also have quite a bit of creative freedom, which is nice. We're encouraged to pursue projects that we enjoy, which led to the creation of Hump Day Heroes. My friend David and I decided to start up our own dating/love advice web video series. Every Wednesday, we answer a question from a Ryerson student, bringing our own opinions as well as other notable Ryerson voices to answer them.



Here are the first two episodes - enjoy and let us know what you think:




We're always in need to love/dating/relationship questions/topic suggestions so send 'em over!!

Anyways, so my life has completely been consumed by The Ryersonian, since this is basically like a full-time job. Fun.

We also like to unintentionally coordinate our outfits.



We like to keep things fun in the newsroom. 

Ps, I'm so close to graduating, it's terrifying.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment