Wednesday, September 10, 2014

EVENTS | FASHION ROCKS

Image via Facebook
September 9th was a great day. From nearly getting kicked in the face by one of Nicki Minaj's dancers to rocking out with KISS to getting a high five from Luke Bryan to making eye contact with J. Lo, this was not a typical Tuesday. I had gotten a ticket to participate in the rehearsal for Fashion Rocks, a huge event that celebrates the relationship between music and fashion. I didn't really know what to expect, but it turned out to be an amazing insider's look into the production of the show. I took part in the full dress rehearsal as an audience member standing in the pits side stage—aka I was SO close to some of my favourite performers. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any photos/videos while inside the rehearsal...

It was seriously amazing though. Highlight: watching Nicki Minaj rehearse Anaconda like four times in a row and being an arms reach away from Usher. And after the rehearsal, we were all given tickets to the actual show later that night!

The event took place at Barclays Center:



While I was waiting for the show to start, I ran into one of the stars of my fave show, Orange Is The New Black! I met Vicky Jeudy, aka Janae Watson, at Starbucks— she's so nice.

Inside Barclays Center - we were way up in the nosebleeds, but it was a pretty rad view of the whole stadium! The show was hosted by Ryan Seacrest and featured musical performances as well as fashion shows. It seriously combines my two loves. Also, there were other guest presenters, including iconic fashion designers, supermodels and artists including Steve Madden, John Varvatos, Paris Hilton, Lily Aldridge, Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber. 


The Biebs' appearance was quite the sight. He came out and the crowd immediately started booing him. Yes, he did continue to take off his clothes, which was lovely, but some people still had a very strong opinion of him. A woman a couple seats from me was yelling 'YOU F*CKING RACIST, GO BACK TO CANADA' - it was pretty interesting.





Some other highlights:


What a great Tuesday. I love New York.

- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment