Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Peace out 2014, it's been rad.


At the start of 2014, I had no idea what to expect for the year ahead. Little did I know that I was in for a ton of amazing adventures and surprises that would take me to where I am today. I was open to new things and was ready to challenge myself in ways that I never would've imagined. Here's a look into this year's highlights:

THE PEOPLE
I've always known about the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people, but I think this year it really stuck with me. The people who I've had the pleasure of knowing and meeting this year have brought experiences, opportunities and memories that will last a lifetime. My family and friends have always been there for me and their positivity and encouragement really keeps me going. Sorry for being a cheese ball, but I had to say it at some point. I'm honestly surrounded by the most talented and passionate people who inspire me on a daily basis.

 

THE FOOD 
This year I started living out my inner foodie dreams by taking endless photos of the wonderfulness that was going into my stomach. I was more adventurous when it came to boozy drinks and my obsession with brunch grew even stronger.


THE TRAVEL
I've begun spreading my time between Vancouver, Toronto and New York, with the title of "home" becoming a bit blurry. This year, I was willing to jump on last-minute flight deals and spur-of-the-moment trips and I think I have the travel bug. Other spots I hit up this year include: Montreal, Las Vegas and New Orleans.


THE FASHION
 I think my personal style has definitely evolved this year and I started figuring out exactly what works for my body. I found some great pieces that I'm absolutely in love with (hello L.A.M.B ankle boots!) and I had a lot of fun with my #ootd posts.
 
 
THE WORK
I kicked off 2014 with an internship that I had been dreaming of: Entertainment Tonight Canada. There I had the chance to help the web team produce content for the website, assisted with shoots and did research for stories. In the summer, I interned with Shelfies (a super fun clothing company) while also working as a visual merchandiser at Club Monaco. During my final semester at Ryerson, I was the Live Managing Editor at The Ryersonian (a campus publication), and I also finished up my time as a Style Guru with CollegeFashionista. Throughout the year I continued writing for Faze Magazine and got to cover some pretty rad events and interview my fave celebs. 


THE BIG MOVE
I will never forget the day I got my acceptance letter to New York University. I cried, a lot. It's been the dream to move to NYC and in the fall of 2014, I found myself in a car with one of my best friends, surrounded by all my belongings, on my way to my new home. I started the next chapter of my life, as a journalism student pursuing a master's degree at a school that I never imagined I'd get to attend. I often have to remind myself that this is real life. It's been the best experience so far and I've got three more semesters to go—it's flying by already so I'm determined to make the most of every day.


Thank you to everyone who has followed my adventures and have supported me along the way!! I can't wait to see what's up next for 2015. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
- Christina
Follow my adventures on Twitter: @christinaaa28

No comments:

Post a Comment